ABOUT THE ROLE
We're looking for an Account Manager to join our team and become an integral part of the success of our sponsors and partners by supporting the execution of their activations, thought leadership, and programs. The role will report to the Head of Growth & Strategy.
You will be responsible for helping to identify new commercial opportunities and driving growth with clients across our established lines of revenue including our flagship Hashtag Sports conference, the Hashtag Sports Awards, Hashtag Sports LIVE virtual series, special programs and initiatives, sponsored content, and new lines of revenue.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is a creative and flexible problem-solver and who wants to learn new skills in a fast-paced environment.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Develop and manage partnerships and business relationships with our key stakeholders to drive revenue and achieve sales targets
- Be knowledgeable about industry, customers, competitors, and products to successfully support sponsors in the execution of deliverables and event programs
- Brainstorm event programming, content and activation ideas with Content Producer
- Proactively identify, represent and communicate client needs internally to deliver exceptional event experiences and partnership success
- Ensure post-sale activities (planning, meetings, reporting, etc.) are completed in an effective and timely manner
- Build and nurture new relationships with prospective sponsors, attendees, and awards entrants throughout the sales cycle
- Advise sports organizations, brands, and agencies on campaign eligibility, category selection, and winner best practices for The Hashtag Sports Awards
- Maintain sales pipeline through effective relationship building, call management, and lead generation
- Ensure accurate use and maintenance of CRM system supporting sales activities
- Continually seek ways of improving contribution to the business and service to customers
- Engage in social media to promote your personal brand, colleagues, and Hashtag Sports
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in account management, sales planning, or similar role like community management
- Finger on the pulse of sports, media, and entertainment
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Extremely detailed and organized
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Flexible and can deal effectively with changes in priorities or ambiguity
- Understanding of digital brand advertising, content, email, and social media marketing
- Consultative sales skills and a customer-focused approach
- Strong presentation skills
WHAT WOULD SET YOU APART
- Experience at a b2b event organizer
- Experience with CRM software
- Passion for the digital transformation of sports industry
Hashtag Sports is an equal opportunity employer that encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Hashtag Sports will consider qualified candidates for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.